The Saxonville Fire Station on Watson Place was built in 1902 using a "High Victorian Style" design. It is the oldest station of the five active fire stations in Framingham.
Framingham Fire Department Engine 2, a 1986 Pierce Dash 1250 GPM Dual Stage Pump, is housed at the Saxonville Fire Station.
The fire station was built when firefighters were using canvas hoses to extinguish fires. The canvas hoses needed to be hung in a drying tower after each fire.
This old postcard shows that there hasn't been very many changes to the Saxonville Fire Station in Framingham, Massachusetts over the many years. There is no cap on the drying tower. The cap that is currently in place houses a large bell.
Go to the Tour Map
Next stop, Athenaeum Hall
|VistaDome Views Home
|©2003,2006 John Simakauskas